Duck, Duck, Duck
Oh so you've never heard of this game. Well I'm not surprised. Up until now, people have thought that Duck, Duck, Goose was the only game in town. But let me tell you, when it comes time to buying a home, it's no game and you've got to make sure that you have all of your ducks in a row.
Don't let your goal of buying a home be thwarted by a goose.
Thinking about buying:
- Why would you even start your search without confirming that a lender will finance a mortgage for you (ducks in a row)
- Be upfront with your real estate agent so they won't spend precious time working with someone who doesn't have a chance in the fiery place of qualifying for a loan. It's also important that your real estate agent take the right course of action at the appropriate time instead of wasting your time and theirs (ducks in a row)
- Be realistic about expectations especially when it comes to price. You can keep your frustration level down by focusing your attention on homes that fall within your price range (ducks in a row)
- Even if there are claims that you can buy a home with no down payment, you WILL need money for something. Namely your home inspection, appraisal and perhaps some closing cost. If you don't have this money in place, then perhaps it's a good idea.....no let me rephrase that.....it IS a good idea to delay your home search until you do have it. House hunting on the pay day plan is a bad concept any way that you look at it (ducks in a row)
- Relying on someone to help you make decisions? Introduce them into the equation at the beginning of the process
- If you know you have some credit issues to clear up, then still speak with a mortgage representative. They can tell you which issues matter more than others (ducks in a row)
- Stay focused on the task and the goal. Keep your spending in check and by all means, do not establish any new credit. None. Zilch. Nada (ducks in a row)
This list can be lengthy so if you'd like more info, please contact me, Charita Cadenhead, and we can go into further detail.
Buying a home is not a game and especially not a game of chance. It's a process that should be well thought out and there is no one better to help you plan than a Realtor®.
Charita Cadenhead, Your Metropolitan Birmingham, Alabama Real Estate Broker of Choice
Got a question about Metropolitan Birmingham real estate? Just ask Charita. Need a good Realtor(R) to help you find a new home or sell the one you already own? Just shoot me an email. In need of a rental property? Subscribe to be notified whenever we list a new or home for sale.
Charita H. Cadenhead, Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Metro North
Gardendale, AL 35071
Search for properties at Charita Cadenhead's website
(205) 527-1112 - cell
(800) 496-7431 - Fax
One thing about being in real estate: I can't hide even if I tried. Charita Cadenhead: I'm Everywhere You Want to Be!