They you Karen Bernetti for this uplifting post. As a former real estate agent you know better than most, what we go through. We have to constantly tell people that we are not experts in one area or another but it's extremely difficult to be in this business and not learn from experts in other industries. Thanks again Karen.
Are Realtors worth their commission? I used to be one of those part-time Realtors [that full-time agents love to hate]. During my years as a Realtor® I found the really good seaonsed agents intimidated me A LOT. Why? Because they seem to know EVERYTHING about everything. I was in awe - and by the way, I still am.
Here's what I learned...
- While [most] agents are not home inspectors - they sure know a lot about radon, HVAC systems, wells, septic systems and more.
- While [most] agents are not licensed mortgage officers - they sure know the in's and out's of getting buyers approved for financing.
- While [most] agents are not licensed appraisers - they sure know a lot about property values.
- While [most] agents are not attorneys - I'm amazed at how much they [the REALLY good ones] know about real estate law.
- While [most] agents are not home improvement contractors - they are often a wealth of knowledge when it comes to roofing, siding, flooring, windows and more.
- While [most] agents are not interior decorators - many know a lot about home staging.
- While [I'd venture to guess many] agents don't have an MBA, they sure know a lot about marketing and advertising.
- While [most] agents are not bankers, I'm amazed at how they [the REALLY good ones] manage to navigate through the scary world of short sales and foreclosures.
- While [most] agents are not licensed psychologists - they sure know a lot about family and marriage counseling. They get stuck in the middle of a lot of touchy disputes between spouses and family members.
- And while [most] agents are not professional journalists, a lot them are truly amazing writers! Especially the friends I've had the privelege to meet here in the Rain (I would list them but I would be here all night if I did. They know who they are).
You have to be a very special person to last in this business. The true professionals that I know are without a doubt worth every penny of commission they earn. You really have no idea how hard [good] Realtors work - until you've done it yourself.
It made sense for me to have a real estate license years ago when my husband was building houses. And when we were in the condo management biz, being licensed allowed me to offer more services to our clients. I'm no longer involved in either of those businesses anymore which is why I am no longer a licensed Realtor® .
I'm happy to finally be able dedicate myself full-time to my staging business - my true passion. I'll leave the business of representing buyers and sellers to those whose shoes I don't believe I could ever properly fill. Are they worth their commission? Absolutley!
Karen Bernetti is a Real Estate Stager, Former Realtor®, Author, Speaker, and Owner of Staging4Smooth Transitions - specializing in assisting seniors with their downsize moves.
Karen is also the Co-creator of the Ready2Sellin30Days® System - an innovative, interactive, multi-media educational program designed to teach do-it-yourself homeowners EVERYTHING they need to know about preparing a home for sale during tough economic times. Visit www.Ready2Sellin30Days.com to learn more.
Stay up to date on all the latest real estate staging and home decor trends with The Home Sale Success with Karen & Ann Blog! Sign up here to receive The Home Sale Success with Karen & Ann Newsletter!Karen Bernetti is also the "Resident Stager" at North Star Real Estate, in Southington Connecticut, where every listing comes with a complimentary Home Staging consultation. Call 860-302-0333 for more information.
Charita Cadenhead, Your Metropolitan Birmingham, Alabama Real Estate Broker of Choice
Got a question about Metropolitan Birmingham real estate? Just ask Charita. Need a good Realtor(R) to help you find a new home or sell the one you already own? Just shoot me an email. In need of a rental property? Subscribe to be notified whenever we list a new or home for sale.
Charita H. Cadenhead, Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Metro North
Gardendale, AL 35071
Search for properties at Charita Cadenhead's website
(205) 527-1112 - cell
(800) 496-7431 - Fax
One thing about being in real estate: I can't hide even if I tried. Charita Cadenhead: I'm Everywhere You Want to Be!