Congratulations! You've decided that it really is a good time to buy a house. Before you even contact a real estate professional, ask yourself this question: Where do I want to live? Seems like a simple question doesn't it? Well it should be but one of the most common answers that I get when working with buyers is "I don't know", "anywhere" or "it doesn't matter as long as..."
Don't worry if you can't decide or if you really don't know, your real estate agent should be able to help you narrow your focus.
Where do you want to live is a very important question that you, as a buyer, need to answer before your househunt begins. Why is it so important? Consider the following:
- The more specific detail you provide your real estate agent, the better your agent will be able to work more efficiently in finding a home that you can truly be happy with (and its location is an important factor in the search)
- It would be a good idea if you were familiar with the area or community where you will eventually live. If you have school aged children, would you want to buy a home in a school system that has a reputation of poor performance?
- If your real estate agent were to find you the perfect house that was located in a neighborhood that you wouldn't be caught dead in, you would probably consider your agent a poor agent. Well you did say it didn't matter right?
- Would driving 45 minutes or 30 miles to work each day be problem for you?
- What type of amenities do you want to have nearby (i.e. lots of eateries, shopping center, museum, entertainment, child care, etc.)?
There are all things to consider with regard to location. So again I ask: Where do you want to live?
Charita Cadenhead, Your Metropolitan Birmingham, Alabama Real Estate Broker of Choice
Got a question about Metropolitan Birmingham real estate? Just ask Charita. Need a good Realtor(R) to help you find a new home or sell the one you already own? Just shoot me an email. In need of a rental property? Subscribe to be notified whenever we list a new or home for sale.
Charita H. Cadenhead, Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Metro North
Gardendale, AL 35071
Search for properties at Charita Cadenhead's website
(205) 527-1112 - cell
(800) 496-7431 - Fax
One thing about being in real estate: I can't hide even if I tried. Charita Cadenhead: I'm Everywhere You Want to Be!